Thursday, September 6, 2012

Finding Balance

The final information that I wanted to capture from the new faculty orientation was about finding balance between your work and personal life.  One speaker recommended that you take time for reflection.  That you love your subject, love your students and want your students to love your subject... in that way, work will never feel like work!

Another speaker suggested that most people spend their lives either rehearsing or rehashing that they forget to live in the now.

I have recently realized that with the stress of this job, I need a renewed focus on my health and my diet.  I am trying to make time for exercise on a daily basis as a method of coping with the stress levels.  Thankfully, I also have every Friday off!

No comments:

Post a Comment