Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Voila!

I had a student request the proper citation information for a photocopy of an article that he had.  It was impossible from the title of the article or the supposed title of the publication to find the complete citation information with our citation finder tool, USearch or through a journal search.

My friend Google was my next strategy.  I plunked the author names and title into the search box.  I never found the volume that the article was actually found in, but I did find a different book that referenced my article!  Voila - citation information recovered.

Lane, L.S., and Brown, R. L.  1987, Structural relationships on the eastern margin of the Shuswap metamorphic complex near Revelstoke, British Columbia, Canada, in Hill, M. L., ed., Geological Society of America Centennial Field Guide, v. 1, Cordilleran Section, p. 413-418.

No comments:

Post a Comment