Thursday, July 18, 2013

Lightning Strikes in Saskatoon

I was asked to prepare a lightning strike presentation for the EBLIP conference hosted by the University of Saskatchewan Library.  The trick with a lightning strike presentation is that it is limited to 5 minutes, 20 slides that automatically advance every 15 seconds.

Typically I draft notes on generally what I am hoping to accomplish in my presentation and then just go for it!  5 minutes with auto advancing slides... you kind of have to know exactly what you are going to say, how you are going to say it and how long it is going to take you to say it.

I can say without a doubt that this was the hardest presentation that I have ever worked on.  I spent more time imagining, creating and preparing the slides / commentary, than I have on any other presentation in my life.

It was delightful!  I am so grateful for the opportunity to really challenge myself.  It certainly took me right out of my comfort zone.

No comments:

Post a Comment