Thursday, May 28, 2015

organize your projects in advance

Something that has become abundantly clear to me is that it is very helpful to design your project, before you start.  I know this seems obvious and you are probably shaking your head at me now - but sometimes, you think, what will it hurt if I starting reading articles now. 

It really hasn't hurt.  I took good notes and highlighted important text while I read, but it would have been much easier (let me say that again - much easier) to read and record on a spreadsheet at the same time.  Instead of reading and now skimming each article.

So that you may benefit from my newly obtained knowledge, my research group is reviewing articles on the following criteria:
  • author, date, title
  • type of article
  • creation (of online materials, ie: Camtasia, Jing, etc.)
  • access (how those materials are accessed by students)
  • assessment
  • outcomes and recommendations
  • other relevant information about the article

No comments:

Post a Comment