Sunday, September 25, 2022

Reflection on Learning

Apparently there is no such thing as learning preferences. But for argument sake, let's say there were. I have definitely discovered that I find audio to be very challenging. This is interesting to me because I am a huge fan of audiobooks. I rarely read a real book. I listen to books before going to bed, when I can't sleep in the middle of the night, on the road, and while I am cross stitching. 

Audio in a course, without the accompanying PPT slides that tell me what information to focus on is proving difficult. Perhaps, I am an old school learner, where I want to know exactly what the expert thinks I should know. Perhaps, I am from the generation, that wrote down every word on the slide and then just regurgitated it on the exam. What did I retain, probably not much. 

Perhaps I need to reflect on my reliance on PPT.

No comments:

Post a Comment