Well this was an interesting project. As I posted earlier, I wanted students to compare and contrast two articles in my instructional session, but I am not able to distribute copies of these articles to the class due to copyright restrictions. Because of this I started a LibGuide for the class in which I could embed links to the articles that would only be available to authenticated users.
Today, I wanted to finalize my LibGuide and prepare for tomorrow's instruction session, but as luck would have it, the LibGuide's site was down for most of the day. Consequently I spent the day creating back up materials preparing for the worst (which is a good idea anyways, just not how I thought I would spend my day).
Thankfully tonight, it is back up and running so I was able to complete the LibGuide. Here is it: http://libguides.usask.ca/biology301. The LibGuide includes a link to my presentation that I shared through Prezi, as well as a link to an evaluation tool that I created through a tool provided in-house.
Now, let's just cross our fingers that it all works tomorrow!