Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Saskatchewan Library Association Annual Conference

Usually when I attend a conference, I am able to participate in many sessions and share my notes via this blog.  This year, I was detained at the registration desk due to my role as the volunteer coordinator.

Except: I did see the presentation on BrowZine which is an app accessible on an iPad or Android device which allows users to access eJournals in a uniform way.  The price of this product is based on FTE, but there is a COPPUL offer out at the moment.  BrowZine access your institutions SFX or a file of your holdings and currently links to 70 publishers including Wiley, Taylor and Francis, IEEE, Springer and Elsevier. 

The platform utilizes a bookshelf, similar in feel to iBooks and provides users with TOC views and FT downloads.  The current issue is always displayed first.

You can browse open access publications if your institution does not subscribe to BrowZine. 

Interesting concept for an academic library!  I liked it!

No comments:

Post a Comment