Monday, February 2, 2015

Know Thyself

I taught four sections of the same class spread out over 2 weeks.  When I have the opportunity to teach the same class more than once, I often notice a pattern of my energy levels and also the speed of the session.  The first session goes extremely well.  I am excited and interested in sharing the materials that I have prepared, although, I tend to be the most nervous with this first class.  The second and third class I work out the kinks and each session tends to be better than the one before it.  The last one is okay, usually I have good energy, but I usually end up finishing sooner than any of the other sessions. 

Note to self: When scheduling a peer evaluation, schedule it for one of the middle sessions and preferably not on a Friday when that class is the last class that students have that day!

No comments:

Post a Comment