Monday, November 23, 2015

I have learned

I have learned through reviewing chapters that I have been using in-text citations incorrectly.  And that no one has caught me!

According to APA you only need the full in-text citation the first time in the paragraph.  So:
Maddison (2015) states "blah, blah, blah" (p. 15). OR "blah, blah, blah" (Maddison, 2015, p. 15) and then within the rest of the paragraph, just the page number, accepting of course that you are not citing more than one of my articles in the same document.

I also learned that I have been citing page numbers wrong.  I have always used (pg. 15) and not (p. 15).

Nothing like editing a book to discover your own errors.  Also, points to the wonderful fact that I am always learning!!!  And hopefully improving.

No comments:

Post a Comment