I was recently asked to create an online plagiarism module that would be embedded into course across the institution in D2L. I first experimented with a PowToon video having had great fun with the software previously. I was disappointed to discover that there was a recent change to the program when trying to download the completed video - PowToon's required that you allow them access to your YouTube account. I did not feel comfortable doing that, so I started again.
Take two - I tried the video creation in Camtasia. I love this program as it is easy to use and creates high quality videos. The problem that I encountered was in the audio recording. I only have a very old microphone that creates an odd swirling sound in the playback.
Take three - I rerecorded the video for a final time. I used Camtasia for the screen capture, but this time I used my iPhone and voice memo app to record my voice. I started both recordings at the same time, and advanced the slides as I spoke, so that the audio and the video would be easy to sync afterwards. We had to do some fancy conversions, but managed to create a .wav file from the initial recording and add it as an audio 2 track. Worked like a charm! Sounds great and it was not all that hard to achieve. Although, I did need to rely on my husband's expertise to convert the file. I am not sure I would have been able to figure that one out on my own.