Thursday, June 6, 2019

Follow me?

This is a truly hard question to answer.  I am incredibly driven, organized and ambitious.  I enjoy a challenge and am a risk taker.  I am very appreciative to those who join the path with me and am willing to express my gratitude continuously.  So from those perspectives, I would hope that people enjoy being on the journey with me.  I welcome alternative perspectives and love when people bring forth a great idea that will help us all.  For example, when one of the conference committee members suggested that we invite Jack Saddleback to be our opening keynote I was thrilled.  I knew he was the perfect choice for our conference and acknowledged her wonderful suggestion. 

I do what I say I will and continually follow up with the members of my team to ensure that they have everything to be successful. 

My shortcomings: I need to learn to be impartial.  I have a hard time not investing everything, and that can get me into trouble.  I can also be dominating.  For example while in school anytime I had a group project to work on, I worked for the A, whether or not my group was on board.  If there was no designated leader or I was a part of a lackluster group, I took over and got everyone an A.  I did not want to sacrifice my grade point average for their lack of investment.  I do not regret doing that, and would do the exact same thing if I returned to school.  I simply acknowledge that this is not a true leadership trait.

No comments:

Post a Comment